Sunday, August 23, 2009

Creamy Tomato Pasta

With my husband out of town, dinners around here consist of either quesadillas, mac&cheese, top ramen, or if I'm feeling extra wild and crazy I may just cook waffles. So this is an oldie but goodie that I posted a while ago but finally got around to taking a picture...

I got this recipe from my friend, Amber and it has been a favorite for the past, ummmm 4 years or so. It's the perfect alternative to the boring old spaghetti. About a year ago I saw Rachel Ray on Oprah and she made almost the same recipe (except it had vodka) and boasted that it was THE dish to make if you wanted a man to fall in love with you. I'm sure it was just the vodka talking, but there may be some truth to it because Jason loves this dish and he's not much of a pasta kind of guy. So if you want some lovin' give it a try :)

2 c Italian stewed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1 can tomato paste
1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Puree stewed tomatoes in blender. Sauté garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes to pan. Add cream, tomato paste, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30-35 minutes. Serve over cooked fettuccini noodles and garnish with fresh parmesan (or in my case, mozzarella, since I haven't been shopping in like 2 weeks). To make it a little more masculine, top with sliced seasoned grilled chicken.

5 comments:

Cammi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cammi said...

I made this over the weekend. Easy and yummy - thanks!

Crystal said...

This was so good! It's been added to my quick favorites!

Chelsea said...

sweet! No meat! Just what I've been craving.

Kathi said...

Jaime, this is one of new favs! We eat it probably twice a month :)