Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cookie Dough Brownies


I have another confession. I'm not much of a baker. It's not that I don't enjoy eating cookies, cakes and brownies, because heaven knows I can hold my own in that department. It's just that cooking dinner is a necessity and I would prefer to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. With that being said, these brownies were definitely worth neglecting everything on my to-do list while I indulged. To say the least, my hubby and kids were more than pleased with my spontaneous baking.
(adapted from Miranda M.)
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)
Microwave chocolate chips (about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds), cool slightly. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Stir in melted chocolate. Combine flour and soda, then add to batter and stir in nuts. Grease 9x13 pan and pour in batter. Bake at 350 for 16-22 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
Cookie Dough frosting:
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C packed brown sugar
3 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C flour (the frosting was kind of thick and hard to spread, so next time I think I'll use a little less flour)
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugar, add milk, vanilla and gradually add flour then stir in chocolate chips. Spread over cooled brownies then cool and store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow - those look fantastic! A great way to change up regular ol' brownies!

Jill said...

Hi, I am a lurker:) but I enjoy all the fun recipes! I made these brownies (well, just the frosting) for teacher appreciation week and they were SO yummy! Thanks for the recipe!