Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fried Rice


When I married Jason I decided I better learn how to make Chinese food. This recipe from my sister-in-law was my first attempt and it's been a regulare on our table ever since. My friend said that she cooks her rice the night before and leaves it in the fridge over night so that it's not so sticky. I may just have to give it a try next time.

1 1/4 cups cooked rice
2 eggs
1 Tb chopped onion
½ cup frozen peas
Salt, pepper and garlic salt
2 Tb soy sauce
6 Tb vegetable oil (or desired amount)
Beat egg, then cook in wok or large skillet in 2 Tb oil on high. Cook fast then remove from pan and sauté onion in same pan, using remaining vegetable oil, then add rice. Stir in peas, eggs, 4 Tb vegetable oil, then desired amount of soy sauce, salt, pepper and garlic salt.

2 comments:

MaRiN said...

I've been looking for a new fried rice recipe, I think I'll give this one a try, thanks!

Chelsea said...

yum!!