Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baked Ziti

Mmmmm....cheese, glorious cheese. I got this recipe from my friend Chelsea and it quickly rose to the top of our "favorites" list. It's easy, delicious and makes great leftovers, what more could you ask for???

1 package Ziti noodles (or Rotini)
1-2 jars pasta sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)
1 package sliced provolone cheese (not the processed kind)
Ground beef (desired amount)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried parsley
Sour cream

Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, drain then add the garlic and parsley and sauté a minute or two longer. Cook the pasta, drain then add half the noodles to a dish smeared with pasta sauce. Spread a small amount of sour cream on the noodles, then layer with ½ of the ground beef, one jar of sauce and a layer of sliced provolone. Repeat the layer with the remaining ingredients. Top with the remaining cheese slices, sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is lightly brown.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I can't take the credit, that one's from allrecipes.com. We must be thinking alike because I just printed My Kitchen Cafe's Baked Ziti, it calls for no meat. And sometimes I like that, and I know you do too ;)

p.s. your picture is making me crave it right now!

Jodee said...

That looks mighty cheesy! Yummy!

sweettreats4 said...

Can I "pin" this??? Looks delish!! Actually all your recipes do. =)

foreveryoung said...

thanks @sweettreats4! Of course you can pin it, I wish I had the time to keep this blog up it was fun while it lasted :)