Friday, January 9, 2015

Southwestern Chicken nachos

I'll admit that I was a little skeptical of chicken on my nachos. That just always seemed like a strictly beef and bean zone. But I love when I am proven wrong in the best way possible. These are absolutely delicious and one of my favorite set it and forget it crock pot meals for busy days.


1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 large frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 16-oz jar medium or hot salsa
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 ½ Tbs taco seasoing
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
tortilla chips
Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sliced olives

Place frozen chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot, then cover with corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, taco seasoning and jar of salsa, then mix ingredients a little bit. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, shredding chicken during the last hour or two. Serve on top of tortilla chips and add toppings to individual servings.

*source: unknown

 

No comments: