Monday, March 29, 2010

Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwiches


I like it simple. In my opinion grapes, chicken and celery were never meant to share a recipe. I never liked chicken salad sandwiches until I found this recipe and now I can't get enough (and neither can my kids who share my same opinion about grapes mixed into the dinner dish)

3 chicken breasts,
1 10 ounce can artichoke hearts – drained 2 tsp. grated yellow onion or 1/4tsp onion powder
1 Tbl. lemon juice
1 tsp. dill weed (opt.)
1/4 c. mayo (light is fine)
1/4 c. sour cream

cook chicken in crockpot (with butter or broth) then use food chopper to finely shred. Add artichoke to chopper then combine all ingredients and serve on croissants.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Looks yummy. I got a recipe from Costco a few years ago(from the testor guy) where you mix the chicken with mayo, garlic, onion/onion powder, celery and grapes that have been halved. It is always a hit

Kathi said...

what the...no fruit in it, you are crazy :) i love grapes, apples, pineapples any of those in my chicken salad. yum.

Anonymous said...

wow! as much as I love to eat. Thanks so much for the recipes. you're awesome.

Anonymous said...

I'm so incredibly picky about chicken salad too! I'm thrilled to find someone who believes grapes don't belong in it :) Thanks for the recipe. I think I'll be trying this for a bridal shower brunch in June!