Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Light Spaghetti

I love pasta in any form, but I especially love spaghetti. I have my favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe that is amazing, but when I need something quick, this is what I turn to. It's simple, classic, light, fresh and most importantly...delicious!


2 Tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (14 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
2 Tbs milk
2 tsp dried basil (or 1 Tbs fresh)
2 tsp dried parsley (or 1 Tbs fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesean cheese
fresh basil to garnish (optional)
1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and drained

In a medium saucepan over med-high heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Put tomatoes in blender and blend for a few seconds (it should still be chunky). Add tomatoes, basil and parsley to pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 min stirring occasionally. Add milk to sauce and stir 1-2 min. Toss with cooked pasta and sprinkle parmesan cheese and chopped basil on each serving.

No comments: