Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Garlic Parmesan Oven Roasted Green Beans

I feel like I'm always making the same side dishes for every meal, so I'm trying to branch out a little. Some of my creative endeavors haven't been quite the hit I was hoping they would be, but this right here hit the jack pot! I've never been a huge green bean fan, when it comes to veggies they just don't do it for me. But this right here was their redemption. They were so delicious and were even a hit among {some} of my kids. Ahem, not naming names...they'll definitely be making a repeat visit to our table again soon!




12 oz green beans, ends trimmed
2 tsp olive oil
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish

Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large ziploc bag, toss green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet and place on the lower third section of your oven. Bake 10 minutes, shake the pan to turn then bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan before serving.

*Source: Skinny Taste

No comments: