Thursday, November 13, 2014

{two ingredient} Candy Bar Sauce

I have this cute South African friend here that I just love. We invited her family over for dinner and I was so embarrassed because the meal just didn't turn out right, but the night was redeemed when she pulled out this dessert. Oh.my.amazingness. This is a common dessert in South Africa, called the Bar-One Sauce (because they use Bar-One candy bars, but since those aren't available every where Milky Way, Mars or Moro bars--for you kiwis, are a good alternative. Although I might need to make it my personal mission to try this with every kind of candybar out there). It takes only two ingredients but the results will knock your socks off. I am now taking it upon myself to introduce this sauce to the rest of the world, you're welcome. I promise you will thank me once you try it.


1 cup heavy cream
3 Milky Way candybars

Pour cream into a microwave safe container. Cut candy bars into chunks and add to cream. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each one, until candy bars are melted and it is smooth (about 2 1/2-3 min). Serve over vanilla ice cream. I can't decide which way I like it better, served hot so that it melts the ice cream, or served at room temperature or refrigerated so that it thickens up a little. Either way it's amazing!

*source: Megan Willems

No comments: