Sunday, November 30, 2014

Easiest, Cheesiest Nacho Cheese Sauce

There are plenty of things that I miss about the states. Football season is one of them. Not that I really care about football, but I love football season food and getting together with friends to watch the games while we snack on chips and dip and buffalo wings. Good thing I have this nacho cheese sauce to make me feel right at home. It tastes just like something you would order from the concession stand, it has the perfect flavor and is so easy to whip up. And if I'm feeling like a rockstar mom, then I'll have a big bowl of it ready for the kids when they get home from school. Not that it's the healthiest option, but they think I'm the best mom ever and it sure does get them motivated to finish their after school chores fast!



2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
7 slices processed American cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Pour in the milk and stir until the mixture thickens. Stirring constantly, mix in cheese and salt. Continue to cook and stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended. Serve with tortilla chips.

*source: www.allrecipes.com

 

No comments: