Thursday, October 30, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Crumb Muffins

I'm convinced that muffins are one of the greatest culinary inventions. They are such moist and tasty little morsels that are perfect for breakfast on the go, after school snacks, Sunday brunch, baby shower luncheons, lunchboxes...they are just so versatile and are great for any occasion. I've tried many a muffin in my muffin eating career, and my two favorites are this recipe and these. I get excited when the bananas start to turn brown because it gives me an excuse to make them. I just HAVE to make to most moist and delicious muffins and then I'll just HAVE to eat like half the pan while I wait for the kids to come home from school. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it...


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted (or substitute with applesauce)
¾ C Chocolate chips
*my sister just made these and said she added 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp cloves for a little extra somethin' somethin', I'm totally going to try it next time!

Topping:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, softened
*I usually double the topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Beat bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in another bowl. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until moistened, add chocolate chips. Spoon batter half full into prepared muffin cups (makes about 15). Combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Blend in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture. Sprinkle topping over muffins. Bake in preheated oven until golden and tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 18 minutes.

*source: www.allrecipes.com

 

No comments: