Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken


You've probably noticed a theme with my recipes: anything chicken, or easy not-so-authentic-but-still-good Chinese food. Here's another one to chalk up for the Chinese department. I dare you to find another sweet and sour chicken recipe that is this easy and tastes this good. I double dare you.
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 c flour
1/4 c cornstarch
salt and pepper
¾ c sugar
1/3 c chicken broth
1/3 c ketchup
1 ¼ Tbs soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Cut chicken into strips. Mix cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper. Shake chicken and coat evenly. Fry in cooking oil over med-high heat until just starting to brown (don't overcook). Combine remaining ingredients to make a sauce. Pour over chicken, then cover and cook for 45 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Jamie! This sounds divine!!! Thanks!

Twiddle Thumbs said...

I can't remember how I found this site, but I LOVE this recipe! (And several others) Even my picky picky kids ate it and asked for 2nds (and 3rds even). Thanks!